PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION NOTICE
(Pursuant to Section 6 and 7, respectively, of the Personal Data Protection Act 2010)
1. Collection and Processing of Personal Data
In the course of your dealings with Jiankun International Bhd and/or our associated or related companies, as our valued customer / prospective customer, we will request that you provide data and information about yourself (“Personal Data”) to enable us to enter into transaction with you or to deliver the necessary notices, services and/or products in connection with our business. These are relevant in connection with our business process, execution, including delivery of notices, services and/or products, client relationship management, planning purposes in connection with future products, new product launches and events including promotional events with business partners within our project/townships.
2. Nature of Personal Data
Such Personal Data may be subject to applicable data protection, privacy and other similar laws and may include information concerning as follows:
- name, age, identity card number, passport number, address, gender, date of birth, children basic details, marital status,
- occupation, income range, contact information, email address, employer,
- race, ethnic origin, nationality,
- type of loans applied for in relation to the purchase of property, introducer’ name, address and identity card number.
In the event that you have provide personal data of third parties (e.g. your emergency contact person, tenant, joint purchaser, authorized representatives, company directors, contractors, lawyers, financier) to us, we rely on you to have sufficiently obtained the prior consent of such third parties to allow us to process their personal data in relation to the purposes stated therein.
3. Purpose of Collection of Personal Data
The Personal Data that you have provided to us for the following purposes, including but not limited to:
- in order to respond to your inquiries;
- the delivery of notices, services or products to you;
- in order for you to enter into the necessary agreement and/or contract to purchase the products and/or properties from us (for real estate customers only);
- user or customer relationship management procedures;
- those purposes specifically provided for in any particular service or product offered by us;
- credit assessments and other background checks of users as we may determine to be necessary or appropriate;
- our internal record keeping;
- prevention of crime including but not limited to fraud, money-laundering, bribery;
- meeting any legal or regulatory requirements relating to our provision of services and products and to make disclosure under the requirements of any applicable law, regulation, direction, court order, by-law, guideline, circular, code applicable to us or any of our member companies;
- conducting marketing and client profiling activities in connection with our services and related products;
- for research, benchmarking, and statistical analysis purposes;
- to enable us and/or our selected authorised third parties to send you information by e-mail, telecommunication (telephone calls and text messages) or via social media concerning related and unrelated products and services offered by us and our business partners which may include but is not limited to the abovementioned purposes which we consider will or may interest you.
4. Disclosure of Personal Data
Personal Data provided to us will, generally, be kept confidential but you hereby consent and authorise us to provide and/or disclose your Personal Data to the following categories of parties:
- any person to whom we are compelled or required to do so under law or in response to a legitimate instruction from a competent or government agency;
- pursuant to an order of a court of competent jurisdiction;
- any related companies and subsidiaries of Jiankun International Berhad, including those established in the future;
- where applicable, third parties who provide related services or products in connection with our business;
- government agencies, statutory authorities and industry regulators;
- our auditors, consultants, accountants, lawyers or other financial or professional advisers;
- our sub-contractors or third party service or product providers as may determine to be necessary or appropriate;
- third party property management companies/entities in respect of the management of property that customers have purchased and/or
- our appointed service providers in relation of our loyalty programs, for the purpose of delivery of gift redemption and services.
We shall keep and process your data in a secure manner. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that such information is kept confidential. We will not sell, rent or trade your Personal Data. We endeavour where practicable, to implement the legally mandated and/or appropriate administrative and security safeguards and procedures in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations in order to prevent the unauthorised or unlawful processing of your Personal Data and the accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, your Personal Data.
6. Data Transfer and Sharing
Where we consider it appropriate, for the purposes of data storage or Processing or providing any service or product on our behalf to you, to transfer your Personal Data to our affiliates and/or associated companies and/or third party service or product providers within or outside the country in which we are established, under conditions of confidentiality and similar levels of safeguards.
7. Impact resulting from failure to supply Personal Data
Failure to supply Personal Data in relation to the Purpose will:
- result in us being unable to provide you (e.g. customers/ prospective customers) with the information, notices, services and/or products requested;
- affect the ability of the parties to enter into the necessary Sales and Purchase Agreement in relation to the sale of property; and/or
- result in us and/or our selected authorised third parties becoming unable to send you information by e-mail, telecommunication means (telephone calls and text messages) or via social media concerning related and unrelated products and services offered by us and our affiliated business partners which we consider will or may interest you.
8. Your Rights of Access and Correction
You have the right to request access to and/or correct your Personal Data held by us and in this respect, you may:
- check whether we hold or use your Personal Data and request access to such data;
- request that we correct any of your Personal Data that is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date;
- request that your Personal Data is retained by us only as long as necessary for the fulfilment of the purposes for which it was collected;
- request that we specify or explain our policies and procedures in relation to Personal Data and the categories of Personal Data handled by us; and/or
- withdraw, in full or in part, your consent given previously, in each case subject to any applicable legal restrictions, contractual conditions and a reasonable time period.
The department to whom written requests for access to Personal Data or correction and/or deletion of Personal Data or for information regarding policies and procedures and types of Personal Data handled by us is:
Jiankun International Berhad
L21-03, Level 21, PJX-HM Shah Tower,